Sunday, March 11, 2012

The crown jewel

School hols begin..yayy. Just finished watching a Japanese animated movie Spirited Away with the kids on Astro. They've enjoyed it so much. Miyazaki work memang brilliant, tak pernah lagi rasanya wa tengok kartun sampai ternganga-nganga.

Anyway..a friend of mine called telling that she's moving to one big city in Australia working there for few years. We are close but since we got married, both of us barely have time to catch up with each other due to changes in priority of life. And after years, her first question was "do you still take jamu / maajun / air akar kayu tak? Nak kena kasik pepet ketat la. Where can I buy it? Nak kena beli stock banyak-banyak ni! Kat sana takde kot. So I told her all details, she bought and was so happy about it.

The thing that I wish I could have told her was that, if only she have asked me that questions before she got married. Not that she don't know I'm taking it consistently, but I guess most of my friends thought that taking jamu tu agak conservative (they rather take vitamins), pahit nanti rasa nak muntah, malas, leceh dan macam-macam lagi alasan. All natural things need to be consistence in their intakes so that the effect will be long term. But anyways, better late than never lah.

I had my first experience drinking herbal drink aka air akar kayu since Form 4. I had boils popped out coz my period stopped for many months. So mom took me to see this pokcik where he asked to consume the drink for few months to regulate and cleanse my blood. And thank God, my period came on regular basis and boils were gone. Tapi air tu bau dan rasa dia.. perghhh!! pahit nak mampus. I had to peg my nose hard to drink it and cleanse my mouth with milo (melo) to wash off the bitter taste. But after few months, the taste had became part of my sense, dah takdehal dah. So its like drinking milo instead. And from thereon in air akar kayu I trust..hehe.

The journey doesn't stopped there, I continue to take jamu even during my college years (aka masih berdara) and it didn't stopped till today. It helps to regulate blood circulation and I feel fresh early in the morning. Vitamin tu ada la, tapi bertahun la nak habis. I don't rely on vitamins. But I do take a lot of cod liver oil as it is good for the brain, hair and skin.

So you can imagine when I got married, 'upacara pecah tanah' tu agak mencabar sebab tanah tu keras and cangkul terlekat dalam tanah..siap kena tolak ngan kaki sebab cangkul terlekat..heheh..crap..im kidding okay..hehe

My 1st birth was a c-sec , so the underpart was intact but my 2nd birth was normal delivery. During my confinement days, I got shocked of my life to find my pepet giler lompong okay. I was like OMG what happened to those grip? I cried when I told my late grandmother who used to be a tukang urut and sometimes bidan. So she told me lebih kurang macam ni ye....

"Cu..toksoh dok risau la..nanti dio molek smula la tu..dio tu supo bungo kiambe di sungai..skali perahu lalu..skali dia terbeloh..skali perahu tu gi pahtu kiambe tu dio akan bertaut smula..understang?" She's speaking in Germang okays... 

So I got so panicked that I religiously take air akar kayu / jamu / maajun without fail until today. I can't stand the fact that I have an ungrippo yo!

One more thing my late grandma told me of why we should take those akar kayu, jamu etc. This was what she said ....

"Cu..air akar kayu, daun-daun tu sumo molek.."

That's all I recalled and the rest I forgot how it was spoken in Germang but the gist of it is because they're from plants. And plants act as the preservative and anti-inflammatory agent. Sebab tu kot, orang tua2 makan ulam-ulam utk awet muda. Maybe.

Kegel is also important. It helps to strengthen the pelvic floor. So basically you control your breath and virginal muscle. I can actually do Kegel while typing this though I wish with constant Kegel and jamu can make me write using that grip. Heheh..maybe I should test it! Well.. can actually start with a finger I guess. Hahaha.

Having said all that, I'm far the ideal person to talk about all this. The most important thing being a woman is not just taking care of your pepet/virgina/crown jewel but to take care of your dignity and I'm not all that.

But I'm most thankful to the Creator for giving me the chance to experience and taste 2 magnificent things in life - to gave birth to beautiful babies and to have multiple-Os most of the times.

Happy International Women's Day, whatever it is!!

11 comments:

Jemz said...

yes..melo<--germang hokeyy

M said...

Jemz, germang prefer melo beng too..haha so cute la

Lee said...

Hi Marissa, I enjoyed reading this posting. And yes, I am familiar with these Jamu, from Indonesia, as long ago knew a friend marketing these in KL.
Being a busybody I asked what they for?

Sure love your very lively thoughts, as they say, 'without fear or favour'. I guess if you a media journalist, I'll say God help whoever, ha ha....no prisoners taken.

You have a nice day, stay easy.
Lee.

Jemz said...

err..caring is sharing..jamu cap apa?..nak beli la satu..utk gelfren gelfren..

Jemz said...

patut la rasa pelik time baca balik komen gua tuh..rupanya terbalik!..hamjats betui..kah kah kah kui kui koh koh hak ptui..ciss wat malu oghang germang jah..


err..."SHARING IS CARING"...

M said...

thanks Uncle Lee..heheh, if I were a journalist..dah lama the paper kena banned :D

yeah last time, during my mom's time, only the Indo jamu populated the market..most Malays used those tht was 'turun-temurun' but thank God nowdays we have so much choices and they are in capsules too.

M said...

lek arr Jemz..I understang what u mean ;)

ramai nyer gelfren gelfren dia! byak je product di pasaran. soh je gf awak tu survey yg mana yg sesuai dgn body dia..sebab different ppl lain effect nye..but to be safe..carik la yg ada kelulusan KKM ye..yg penting kena consisten..jgn malas..

awak tu pon sama..ada je product for man..luar dalam kena maintain bro..performance kena jaga...kekeke

Jemz said...

err..yes betul puan sis...gua mmg alert bab2 kesihatan anggota reproduksi gua tuh..mcm puan sis gak la, stakat pahit akar kayu tu..gua hirup sambil tutup telinga je.

masalah problem skang ni, byk sgt produk2 cenni kt pasaran..sumer claim lulus KKM, GMP, halal..tp ntah2 taruk steroid pon kita taktau..

M said...

ye betul tu..one way to find out is to ask around sesapa yg dah lama pakai (living proof), or product yg dah lama wujud sejak zaman tok nenek ke and also to study the product..

utk lelaki so far..yg ada dalam kapla otak wa hanyalah ADULT TOY / TAHAN LAMA Call Hensem 010-376xxxx..hahaha

cek chun said...

Mana mak aku simpan periuk tanak rebus akar kayu tu ntah... hiks...

M said...

hey cek chun..hehe carik jgn tak carik :)

Blessing in disguise

At this point, I think I'm pretty clear and compose with my life despite the worry of not having any job to pay my bills for next few m...